Aug 8, 2010

Feeling wobbly

'rough waters'
Now and then the old fears leap back into my heart and the old thoughts sneak in.  It's like this whenever he returns. I am still waiting for the next stone to be thrown. It seems safe and then I begin to wonder about his plotting.
I have not written in my first blog (of painful memories) for a while since December, but today I had to add to it because those chapters are not quite closed.

The children are safe, he can't hurt them anymore (he's cunning so he will control his anger); but are they safe from his mind games ?.

I know there is no way for him to win them, they still remember too much.
I have been through that thought process and I know that I will not loose them even if he tries to buy their hearts. And yet I can't shake it completely.

If you have read  or followed  my story you might be able to understand what I feel at the moment otherwise it 's probably really abstract. It's been more than year since I took that first step to restrain. It was for the kids (tiny steps forward ). Should I have done more for myself, could I ?

Ironically, the only way to become less afraid and do away with it altogether, is to stop thinking about that and think about the worst case scenario and what that means. Once I deal with that, I will be able to move forward from that old fear.

Take charge, . .I climb a little and then seem to slide back some..

4 comments:

  1. Rebuke those feelings of fear and fight against it. Shall think of you and wish you the best always :)

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, my friend! I know how those wobbly days can be.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    PS: Update on amden on arise 2 write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((BM)))) May your mind and thoughts from the enemy be protected and may peace and comfort replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you too. I know that two steps forward one back....but you're still one step ahead. Stay safe and stay strong....And I like what JBR prayed...I'm echo that for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...