May 24, 2010

Keep It Together

Keep it together today,
tomorrow will be better.
In suffering we grow He says,
yet I feel weak rather than mightier.

Perhaps it’s not yet the peak,
there’s a way to go.
How far does He wish to push me?
I wish I could know.

The right words are in my mind,
but little comfort do I feel from those.
Faith and hope are powerful tools,
if only I remember to keep them close.

I have their love and struggles to contend with,
my own I must lay low.
But then, at least their paths 
will surely be better than before.

(HA - 2010)

7 comments:

  1. I see a lot of internal strife. I hope you can pull through in the end. Many thanks for this beauty.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you dear, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this inspiring post, BM. :)Love this!!
    And yes, we def grow in suffering!
    Blessings!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome poem. I could so relate. Life is just plain HARD sometimes. Hang in there, I just said a quick prayer for you. Remember, we may indeed not have what it takes on our own, but God is great and will supply our needs (Philippians 4:19)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can attest that I have become stronger from all the pain. Wish I could have bypassed the pain but I guess it just doesn't work that way. Take gentle care of you... ☺:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this, and it's all very true! But, no matter what little hardships come our way, we manage to get through them!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the encouragement. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...