Mar 21, 2010

Keeping in touch....



Roses are red, violets are blue,
it's been an awfully long long week and I have certainly missed all of you.


Hope to get back to my less busy routine soon and finish my rounds on my favourite blogs.....
in the meantime to share something I came across.. an interesting piece by an unknown author. It holds a wealth of meaning....

Isn't it strange, that princes and kings
And clowns that caper in sawdust rings,
And common people like you and me
Are builders for eternity?
And each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules;
And each must make 'ere life is flown
A stumbling block, or a stepping stone.

9 comments:

  1. Hope that you have had a rest while you have been away...you have been missed!
    That was a lovely piece of prose, and just goes to show that we are all the same, and have to get on with our lot in life.
    It sounds like something Pam Ayres would write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're back....hope it gave you what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post. Welcome back! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how such an author is unknown... Wonderful post BM.. I have been in the same boat .. very hectic life and cannot keep up with blogging lately...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you so much!

    regards,
    yours
    wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post. Thank you for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be a busy time of year. I just haven't had a lot of time to blog either. :0( Thanks for being you and Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post!
    And thanks so much for your lovely comments on my SITS FB Day!
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like this poem - do I want to be a stumbling block or a stepping stone? I've seen myself be both at varying times

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...