Feb 11, 2010

Some Miracles Take Time

This is the title of a book by Art E Berg and his wife, it tells a story of miracles in love, tragedy and triumph. The main point throughout is that miracles do not happen instantaneously but  take time to grow. 'Patience and faith can compel things to happen that otherwise never would have come to pass'. 

Most often it is our driving need for things to happen with instant results and skepticism that blinds us to them and prevents their(miracles) growth.
It is true there are more miracles today than in any age, we just need to open ourselves up to see them in the most unexpected places and persons.

Interestingly, this past week some of you related such stories.
Every child's growth is unique, every discovery they make is a miracle, if you read these posts you get that, Sandra's post  How are you Unique.  I read Farila's story as one of an open relationship with God that only a child is capable of having - unassuming, unafraid, honest.
You can be a miracle for an elderly person, Marty's post relates a chance meeting,  being more present in the present leads to an experience
Farila's miracle story in Miracles do happen, there are many miracles here that came with faith.

Life is filled with the good and the bad, and it is affirmed over and over that you can't have one without the other. But even through the bad, there are graces to be had. And out of them we will find a path that will lead us to our prize.

A lovely poem by an unknown author
Not 'til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unfold the pattern,
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads were as needful
In the skillful weaver's hand,
As the threads of Gold and Silver
In the pattern that he planned.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post and I love that poem!

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bm,
    I so appreciate you stopping by my blog and your kind and gentle way of not raining on my parade. I do know that marriage can be a real, real challenge for many. I offer my experience as a glimmer of hope in a world where for the institution, not much exists.
    I appreciated your graciousness and yes, we all do have a purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed Miracles do happen! I've seen them and I've stopped them too. Irony isn't it? Blessings for a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning me BM.. I don't have to tell you how much I appreciate your blog because you know I have been dwelling on the same thoughts lately...

    ReplyDelete
  5. BM,I believe in miracles!I really loved that poem!
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...