Feb 10, 2010

Every One has a Purpose

You and I, through our blogs, my friends, your friends, my colleagues, we each are a beacon, a lighthouse for each other. I can see a way clear for you as you can see a way for me. Some are intentional and some are accidental in directing us. We need others, they need us - be they family or strangers or friends.

As the saying holds true, we cannot see the forest for the trees, when we are lost deep in our jungle, despite our own rational sense, we cannot see our way out except with the help of a guide - be it in the form of a higher power or more often than not, other individual persons. We need others.

Strangely when someone else is in the same position as ourselves, we can offer some consolation, advise. But we cannot see it for our own selves. It's easier to give advise then to follow.  We need others.
When lighting another's way, some of that light is shed on my own path and I learn too.

No one is perfect. Not just love, but anger too is a natural part and parcel of our emotions, it lies dormant in us mostly, but the little aggravations that we face each time with minor conflicts and arguments with persons around us, lets us diffuse it gradually or in outbursts.  If our life was too calm and smooth, how would we release that, like all forms of pressure it must soon find  release and restlessness sets in. So non-congruent persons have a purpose too.

And so it goes on, the chain within the cycle of life, we move forward by affecting each other, we change, we think and move each other - in thoughts or actions. Every living being has a place and purpose. Each is a link that joins with another or forever breaks it. And then too, that break serves a purpose, to re-direct our course or to strengthen our path. A death we lament with memories and new life brings fresh thoughts, all touching us to lead us onto different paths.

We need others to lead fulfilling lives.



Who will I affect today ?

9 comments:

  1. We most certainly need each other.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing thought and I loved reading it BM. Actually I re-read it and found it so true.. Thanks for this wonderful blog. You make a difference to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. We offer advice and comfort to others, but don't do it or even see that we need it for ourselves.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/2/10

    There is a balance somehow.. and you are correct in saying we do need others always, to fulfill our purpose and to give meaning to theirs'...

    My loss of a loved one has changed me for the better and I hope I can help someone too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post & Oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being a source of encouragement to me on several occasions.

    BTW - I emailed you a ? at the email you've got attached to your profile here & am checking to see if you received it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, everyone has a purpose. I am believing this more and more each day. Thank you for the post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give advise to my boy, but I know it's meant for me too. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My connection with you is the reason I could find a solution to my problem. I am glad I found your blog. You helped me because you experienced the system and no one I knew would have been able to do that. I was afraid but I am no longer because I took the steps.
    I didn't know you, yet I needed you to point me as your post says.

    GHM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...