Feb 20, 2010

A Day in the Life - An Ice Cream a day....

Coit Tower, Cookie Summit... Chocolate Twist... Minty Delight....... guess where I've been.

It's been a tough week all round, I decided I needed a treat myself ....ice-cream.  But of course I couldn't just go by myself and 'not take' the kids. Then again, except for my girl, the boys didn't deserve a treat.
So I decided to get them to work for it throughout all of Saturday in order to get ice cream.

Yup.. ok ...let's call it what it is ...I resorted to the oldest trick in the book .. I tried to bribe the kids to be good. ...   (bad bad mummy .. !!) . Hey, sometimes you just have to forget the rulebook and go with you've got. . ... desperation.

Well it worked.
The youngest boy managed to get all his study work done and actually watched very little TV. The second child, well it gets better. He actually spent more time focusing on getting the reading  done - his very difficult classic tale by R L Stevenson for his book review. That was major progress; not much TV and not much gaming time either.

SO, I didn't have that difficult a time today, less nagging and all,  I actually got more of my tasks done.
Thank God for small mercies and ice-cream.



And I must add,  I just enjoyed a good long laugh after reading one blog spilling onto the other.. .if you need a laugh check out Farila's and Betty's latest post.


Have a good weekend.



                            ........Now what do I do for an encore tomorrow ??

11 comments:

  1. Oh, the things we all will do for ice cream. The lows we stoop to. As one mother to another - way to go, smart cookie.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. love this and I think you're a great mom. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up on ice-creams as my father worked in an ice-cream factory. Whenever we visited them it was free and we could eat as much as we wanted.

    So what do you we call this? I ice-cream trick? Three kids with one stone ? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew..I am glad you changed the settings.. It was very easy commenting. Thank you BM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me smile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post, BM,
    Smiles!!
    Who doesn't love ice cream?
    And thanks so much for mentioning my blog:)
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on your thought "sometimes you just have to forget the rulebook and go with you've got"!

    Glad it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Glad to have discovered your blog!!
    Can very much relate to your posts.. though i have to deal with just one kid. Loved your attitude 'Be happy, be strong, live life'. Its something i too believe in :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha I have absolutely no idea what to do for an encore. I will play by ear and hopefully all works out. Blessings to you and kids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness, you sound like you have a handful.. Ice cream - what a wonderful blessing.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...