Jan 28, 2010

I was Tagged, now you are Tagged..



I was tagged by Farila http://chaptersfrommylife.blogspot.com/, so here goes...

Shows I like to watch
rarely when I do get the time to plonk down in front of the set it would be for ..

- The Mentalist
- CSI

(the following are not listed in any order or preference)

8 things I look forward to
- the next coming holidays (in Feb)
- finishing my semester's assignment
- the moment the kids tell me they have finished all their homework.
- singing in Church
- taking walks on the weekends
- the next novel
- quiet time before bed
- upgrading my pc at the office (before I loose all my emails AGAIN)

8 things that happened yesterday (of course this was a few yesterdays ago)
- the flu came to visit me
- my son spilled his drink onto the floor(dropped the cup and all)
- the computer in the office hung on me
- it rained cats and dogs
- I finished reading my daughter's book 'Twilight'
- my MP3 ran out of juice in the middle of Celine's 'I'm Alive' (a sign?)
- I threw away a container of biscuits that had grown mouldy
- the road in front of my house got a new black coat of tar on one half.

8 things I love about winter
- it's certainly more interesting than the monsoon rain
- the landscape would be perfectly white
- I would get to wear winter furry clothing, boots and gloves
- COLD
- I imagine a cozy fireplace with a fire going
- snowball fights
- sleigh rides or sliding on cartboxes
- watching snowflakes fall outside your window

8 things on my wish list
- my kids will turn out well and do well in the future
- that there's enough food for everyone in the world
- a car
- the kids will leave me at least one chocolate mini-bar and not just the empty packet
- I will age gracefully
- a cure for all the terrible diseases
- my home loan would be paid off today
- I get a pay rise soon

8 things I am passionate about
- reading
- my kids
- chocolate
- my hobby craft
- speaking properly
- learning
- punctuality
- deepening my understanding of God

8 phrases I use often
- oh goodness
- well that's super
- 'wait til I win the lottery'
- crap!
- what goes around comes around
- tomorrow never comes
- who says life is fair..
- don't procrastinate


8 things I have learned from the past (not copied from anywhere.. genuinely learnt lessons )
- It's best to rely on yourself and no one else
- Keep up with your friends, don't expect them to always keep up with you.
- Your boss is not your friend, don't ever get taken in.
- You have to make an effort to reach out because people don't always read you correctly.
- My parents are not perfect, they are human and they are products of their time.
- Give freely because you want to, not because you expect to get back the same in return,  that way you are never disappointed.
- If you have no regard or respect for a certain person, then how he/she thinks or what they say of you should be of no consequence, their words would merely be noise in the wind and should not bother you in the least.
- You cannot please everyone. Ask yourself who is most important.

8 places I want to visit
- Rome
- London
- Turkey
- Scotland
- India
- Israel
- France
- Switzerland

8 things I want/ need
- love
- hugs
- more 'me' time
- a car
- more time to get things done(like 6 more hours a day)
- I'd really like to have a peaceful night's rest
- a clone of me to stay home with the kids
- peace of mind

8 bloggers I would like to tag









(oh and don't forget to alert your Tagee !!)
I hope you have as much fun as I had digging these out of myself.!

8 comments:

  1. It's great getting to know you better:)
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job with the list BM... I got so much of better insight into your life style reading this... Your dreams are so good and I wish you could visit India someday. Love and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congradulations and GOD BLESS!
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous28/1/10

    Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun reading this and getting to know you better.

    I noticed that a lot of your answers included reading. What are some of your all-time favorite books?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was tagged by this three times in two weeks...but I still haven't got around to doing it yet! I will do it eventually though!
    It's great getting to know different people, and I just love these tags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and thank you for the award. Just like Alice I have been tagged and yet to get around giving them out. Oh dear me! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for getting to know me.

    Ahhh Alice.. how I long to visit London ...

    To answer Tracy besides Jodi Picoult, I think I've read all her books.. Mitch Albom.. I have recounted several of the books I've read in some of my posts - (if you would kindly click on 'Books' under the Post Subjects below).. . Apart from many of the classics, my latest interest is Nora Roberts.
    Now and again I catch some of the Best Sellers ..

    Peace to all of you ****
    BM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...