Jan 30, 2010

To what purpose ?

Yesterday I read about Wanda who lost her son and I wandered what is God's purpose for those who knew Chris and loved him.
Silouette mum & child

I posted this prayer button a while back. A young lady I knew learnt that the child she was carrying had  Edwards Syndrome. She was too far into term when discovered, they were confused and sad but continued on, prepared for his coming. What could the rest of us do but pray for the best, the infant, their strength and God's will.

Today, I attended the wake of this child, he was named Jeremiah, 8 months in his mother's care, a tiny life that never saw the light of day but will see the light of heaven. I never knew this little life and yet I feel extreme sorrow for his struggle to survive with this disease.

As his father says very calmly,  for the living, it is a test of faith.

A temporary soul.

9 comments:

  1. Very Sad BM.. I can feel the pain. Sending prayers to the family and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you for so many who are struggling.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thought are with you at this very sad time.
    Someone I once knew also lost a baby this week, but it was very early in the pregnancy, but she was so looking forward to this new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of things we will never understand this side of heaven. Thank you for sharing your pain and thoughts dear one. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sad over the death of Wanda's son. I'm praying for her.
    And Gaia congrats being tagged by Farila and for tagging me. I loved reading about you..... If I lived near you....I'd bring you a ton of chocklate....☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous31/1/10

    That's really sad.

    GHM

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad! We knew someone who lost a baby to Edwards last year. My heart just aches. Sending up a little prayer from my corner of this earth.

    Thanks for the tag. I just posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. I have a friend who, several years ago, lost both her husband and oldest son in a car accident. I remember rushing home to my own children after the funeral and hugging them closely. Life is so precious and we never know how much time any of us will be given.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always figured I knew the reason why he took my son, then again I may be wrong. I may be broken but my faith have always sustained me. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...