Jan 20, 2010

Seeking Wisdom which brings Contentment....

The answer seems to be 'carry on with life, it's not my time to do anything yet'.

Seeking a miracle solution from The Book, there is none. They are work-at-it solutions.
There is hope for contentment in this life, without waiting for it in death. It appears that what we constantly seek can be gotten quite easily,  the incentives are wonderful and yet so very difficult in the doing.
Does contentment lead to acceptance or does acceptance lead to contentment?
Does this call for blind faith, to believe I am treading on the right path?  
How do I lay aside my own perception to trust Him 'wholeheartedly'. Do I stop thinking altogether each time I make a choice or decision.?
Not so easy to do - to think of Him in all things we do.

"Trust wholeheartedly in God
put no faith in your own perception;
acknowledge him in every course you take
and he will see that your paths are smooth."

And once we discover wisdom, it will
 ... "all lead to contentment.
... give life to your soul
and beauty to your neck.
You will go on your way in safety,
your feet will not stumble..
... you will not be afraid
.. sleep will be sweet"       
(Prv 3:5-6,17 22-24)..

10 comments:

  1. I love your sentiment-work at it solutions! So many of us think life happens to us and take a defensive role rather than a proactive stance. Loved that...I expect it is a sentiment that will stay with me!
    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/1/10

    I hope im not doing something wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your blog BM.. I wish I had strong faith like you. I have faith in God but my perception rules at times. I can't leave everything to God and may be I will learn someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie, you are so right we should be proactive stance.

    Audrinna- I don't think you are?? Hope you r feeling better.

    Dear Farila ...ooh no., it's not really, I wish it were true.. my faith is NOT strong, I'm constantly searching and questioning .. to do just that.. to grow it.. When I do discover something anything no matter how small, to me it's a mega mind-opener... and your life story, your childhood memories.. does that for me too.. helps me appreciate God's wonderful human creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you question yourself. The opposite of that would be complacent contentment, if such a phrase can be constructed in the English language. I loved your post because you posed a dilemma to yourself and the human inside you recognised it and acted upon it. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear one. Great topic to ponder. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks BM for understanding me.. Love ya
    BTW you have been tagged ;)
    http://chaptersfrommylife.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-got-tagged-by-fierce-httpfierce.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is soooo positive, so empowering. Have an awesome day. sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. BM that is a very powerful post!I am still learning but I 'm in the right path .
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are on the same wavelength here!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...