Aug 31, 2009

Laugh at Yourself

Out of the blue, I thought to myself today that I should teach my children to laugh at themselves. I think that in itself does wonders for character. It would actually help them be more accepting of imperfections, reduce preoccupation with self and negate pride.
I do and it helps.

When we begin to take our failures non-seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves - Katherine Mansfield

Laughter is a holy thing. It is as sacred as music and silence and solemnity, maybe more sacred. Laughter is like a prayer, like a bridge over which creatures tiptoe to meet each other. Laughter is like mercy; it heals. When you can laugh at yourself, you are free -Ted Loder

3 comments:

  1. Laughter is indeed good for the soul.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I JUST LOVED THIS!!! It made me smile. And so true about what we should teach our children! Laughter is contagious...even a simple smile does wonders. I am finding this out now with my littlest child who seems to smile constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally true, as long as you do not go overboard, or they might think you're a lunatic.

    Always try to see the brighter side of life,
    even when insulted by son. LOL.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...