Jun 28, 2013

The strange things people queue for !

At one time, there were queues for new property launches. Well that's gone now.

Then there was the iPhone craze. Sorry but I'm not an apple fan, I'm quite happy with the android phone and Windows.

The latest craze is 'Hello Kitty' given out by  McDonalds. That is really unbelievable. What's there to get up and go queue at 4am in the morning ..over  a stuffed cat that has a mouth missing ??

Hmmm... is this a Singapore thing ?

The other crazy thing I hear is that you can auction these Kittys and make 100 times what they're worth ... seriously !!

The haze situation has improved for now. There's cloud seeding and some other such activity in the works. School re opens next week and then we begin the hard work again.


7 comments:

  1. When I was a teenager I worked in a department store and the day after Christmas brought lines out the door. I would have to excuse people to let me through the lines just to go to work. It was kind of fun though. I'll check out the Kitty thing here...I hadn't heard of it. Thank you for your condolensces on my blog. Losing my mom last week was unreal. It was so hard to let her go even though I know she is so happy and complete now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird how crazes come and go. I know Hello Kitty was really big here a few years ago. My kids loved them but just a quick passing phase. Hope the classes are good in spite of the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it's crazy, isn't it? :-) You would have thought that people had more pressing issues to worry about.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess we all have some craze or the other. Hello Kitty may be for some as for me i don't mind queuing up for some latest movie released on that same day. i don't mind queuing up to see a rare flower bloom...or even for a limited supply of a yummy dessert...
    It depends, and many a times i get mocked by near and dear ones for that but that too i don't mind as long as i get what i had crazed for.
    Good to see u again BM :)


    ReplyDelete
  5. Really 100 times! I have 4 of them here in pretty good condition.
    And here I was thinking to get rid of it at the fleamart.
    Glad I did not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...