Oct 24, 2010

Time to learn

"How suppressed am I, when I cannot bring myself to throw things.."

It's time to start learning new stuff....
- first make sure you know where the fuse box is and what switch is for where.
- how to change a fluorescent tube and figure what the starter is. and how it looks
- time to figure out that different bulbs have different wattage - and some slide in and some screw on ..
- how to change the plug if wiring gets shot (.. is it the green or, red or was it the earth wire ??)
- how to change the bathroom hose 
- to to fix a leaky pipe if it can be done without the plumber ... ?? what's a faucet
- how to screw back a hinge on a cupboard door that's coming apart
- how to bang a nail into the wall ( or drill ??) - there are apparently some types of materials you don't just knock a nail in, not unless you like the look of spider web cracks
- how to buy the right size furniture and practical one too .. not just because the design is pretty...


I gave birth to three children,  SO
I can do these ...

I think !


anyone know the number of a good, handy, handyman ?
  

4 comments:

  1. Oh don't worry you will know how to do them. If you do not want to bother your dad, you'll just have to do them on your own. I hate changing the fluorescent lights. There is a way to turn the and twist to get the bulb , i always fail and its too high and it gives me a headache looking up for so long. But repairing cupboards and hammering ... love that. Sage loves doing it too. You'll get the hang of it. Don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so good in everything I think.
    No worries!

    Have a great day!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your quote here; actually made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaia, perhaps I should take the boys to class with me !

    Hi Betty - if only it were true :)

    Hi Tracy, the quote, it is funny but I think it's true !! Help

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...