Oct 14, 2010

Still processing...

I've been searching but can't seem to locate bloggers who have been through the similar experiences that I have or had. I suppose not everyone is able to talk about it or share.  The domestic abuse is one thing but this divorce business is something else.

My sister is very supportive 'good riddance to bad rubbish' and so on.

I get twinges of flashbacks and momentarily wish this nightmare was just that, a nightmare.  Yesterday as I read a book and it came to the scene of a wedding, I saw that moment in my head, when my father walked me down the aisle and it brought tears to my eyes.
There's a pragmatic side that knows this is for the best, the emotional side is just weak, and mourning the waste of years.  My life since marriage has been like a garden gradually overrun by a terrible weed (- that weed being my husband-) I tried for too long. 
How forgiving should one be ? 

I am looking forward to fresh scents, brighter days,  clean air, a smoother road, consistent calm - a peaceful garden for the four of us.

Like my blogs, I shall have to separate memories to store away those moments as they turn up - good, bad and ugly.

12 comments:

  1. I personally feel when a mother opts for something called divorce then she will definitely have a good reason to do so. Women do not throw away relationships. People call me feminist libber etc when I say this but I have seen men throw relationships because they found someone who is young and attractive with sexy added to it.. but how often do we find women doing it?
    Wish you best of luck in weeding out your life. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Farila, I am trying to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes pluck out the weeds for your garden to grow.
    These weeds are wasted on good soil, there is much choices of fruits and flowers you can grow instead on this good soil. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gaia, best to deal with the baggage as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm believing with you for all the good things that are coming your way.

    I think the sad feelings, the mourning, are just a part of the process. I've found that when I accept those sad feelings, and even give myself some time for them, and don't try to push them away, that it becomes easier for me to deal with things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tracy, good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous15/10/10

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I like your quote on the side by Mother Theresa. Sometimes I think God trusts me with alot,too :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here listening dear one.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally relate to what you say in your post. It looks like I have written this one.
    It seems we have some similar experiences here.

    Have a peaceful day!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Tammy, your prayer blog is very soothing, I'm glad I came across it.

    To JBR - thank you for your support always.

    To Betty - it's not that I wish the same sad experiences on others BUT it always, always helps to know my issues are not unique to me like some specially flawed individual but as human as other wonderful persons out there.

    A peaceful Sunday to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me...for my healing....I had to rehash what happened so many times before it kicked in and I could move on. Just want you to know Being Me...I'm here listening too and always in your corner. I think you have amazing courage..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah thank you, you are right, I suppose I will rehash too.

    BM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...