Jun 18, 2010

Want

If God could say Yes,
why does he say No?
Why not ease our way, just bless.
Ah but then, like I say to my child,
if life were too easy you'd get bored.
For that which we want, we must go the mile,
and that is why we must plod.
It is of little worth, anything too easily got,
so we work to raise its’ price.
Our needs He knows though I may not,
delivering them before my unseeing eyes.
Off and on I glimpse but for a moment appreciate.
When the fog lifts, so too the weight.
Then I return to the routine
of wants and whining.


(HA-2010)

4 comments:

  1. We never seem to be satisfied. Ha ha we are only human!!! Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great post! Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good post...pretty true. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I get into wants and whining. I'm sure grateful for the Holy Spirit within me Who convicts me when I'm in the wrong, and for God's grace and forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...