Apr 2, 2010

Scratching my head...it's a Gen Y thing!

'It's too quiet to study'.
Why are young people so uncomfortable with silence?
  
'Can't sit still'.
Why are they constantly fidgeting and moving.

'What's the hurry?'
There always seems to be a fire somewhere except with homework.
"Bored !"
Aren't there a million and one things to do, watch and play ? 

I have two good legs, how am I 'lame' ?

Superman is not the only one wearing his underwear on the outside today, of course I knew that !
Just because her name is Gaga, doesn't mean you have to go on about her, do you? 

What's changed in the cycle of life between my time and there's.
Isn't the womb still a quiet place ?
Were they plugged in to the phone when we were ?
Were we walking faster than our parents?
Is it the extra goodness they have - the food, the gadgets, the vitamins ?


Has the English vocabulary changed since I last went to school?

Perhaps it's the hole in the ozone !

If this is Generation Y, whoopeee...life will get more interesting, I can't wait to see Gen Z !

6 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. this was so funny...kids they can drive you super mad. but i love being with them, love their funny ways of looking at the world, making it adjust to their little eyes and little minds. They just keep giving us new reasons to smile. Am I right? I love talk to my nieces and my cousins who are quite younger to me. yes many of them speak in the same tone-as that of your post.

    regards,
    wanderer

    I wrote a new post in this blog
    http://wanderer-of-the-world.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-brian-weiss-hear-about-our-raaz.html

    and I loved your comment on the "her foot friend playing hide and seek". those are my mother's boring market going shoes and I took the image when she was having her siesta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and they can make you feel so dumb at times. But then I sure am proud that he's smart, even a smart ass I am ok with that. At least his brain is working in some twisted way. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny but every word has truth in it... Let us get away from the earth before Gen Z arrives LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a happy Easter, kids and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute post. As parents, we have to take consolation in knowing that everything changes. Some day our children will be grown with kids of their own. They, too, will scratch their graying heads and wonder what species they gave birth to.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog this morning. --- On the ski slopes Saturday we saw a Gen Y'er with his ski pants around his ankles. Pink ski pants, no less. The older guys (like, in their 40s) heckled him but he didn't care; I give him credit for that at least ; )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...