Dec 8, 2009

Gentle reminder - HAVE NO FEAR


I had an earlier post in which I was ranting and feeling sorry for myself etc etc but decided I couldn't post it for young prying eyes.

I've been trying to ignore it by pretending it's not there hovering, so that I can regain my hold...but it just won't go away.
Fear seems to be my worst enemy. Life goes on and I think I am in control but it creeps up time and time again even when I think I have shoved it out the door. Courage where are you?
Have I ever revealed that by the Chinese zodiac calendar, I am a rabbit and my husband a tiger - I have always thought of myself as the sitting rabbit (like a 'sitting duck' if you guess my meaning), but on the other hand on the astro chart I am Leo the lion.. I hope the latter wins out.

I keep reminding myself, keep the faith, sometimes I do and sometimes it's difficult when anxiety comes along.   Then I think back to inner struggles, on all that has been accomplished and all that has passed and try to find my courage again so that I can face the new challenges that are about to come along. There are just some things I must do by myself .

Believe! .. let it go and leave it at HIS feet.. I will persevere.
My favourite prayer of late, still it's like I'm clinging to a vine so desperately tight before a thousand foot drop and only I know I am there :-
My Lord God
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that
I think that I am following your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you
does in fact please you.
And I hope that I have that desire
in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything
apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this,
you will lead me by the right road
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always
though I may seem to be lost
and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me
and you will never leave me
to face my perils alone.
[The Road Ahead by Thomas Merton]

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the jitters you are going through BM. I am praying that the lion in you wins because a lion and tiger are more compatible than a rabbit and a tiger. Keep praying and gain the strength the walk journey with your head held up high....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Farila, I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this prayer.

    Most of things we fear or worry about NEVER happen. Do NOT allow satan to steal your joy.

    "the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

    Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Andrea, becos I just realised I worry for nothing. The evil one at work. I too am trying to not fret over stuff. Take care.

    Bless you and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9/12/09

    I believe God gives us only what we can handle, and if we continue to ask him he will guide us.
    Be strong
    GHM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the prayer too. I'm still amazed He didn't wipe me out when I wanted to do the right thing but kept hurting myself. I wanted to trust but somehow kept falling back into old behaviours. I think He knows anyways and it's all a part of the process of healing.I have found He's kinder with me than I am with me. Take gentle care. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous14/12/09

    I can relate to this poem, Inner Struggles, it's almost a plea.. I know fear and I know struggles. Bless your strength BM..

    BVM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...