Dec 7, 2009

To Awards and Friendships



St Augustine reflected that 'Friendship constitutes a country for those in exile, a fortune for the poor, a remedy for the sick, and a life for the dead. It provides pleasure for those who are well, strength for the weak, and a reward for the strong.'

From two of my favourite blogs, thank you Andrea Arise to Write and  All God's Creatures for the Circle of Friends Award and Farila Chapters From My Life and Discovering Myself for the Lemonade Award..Thank you both very much for your presence in my blog, I truly appreciate it..
Both these lovely ladies have created their own rules,  so I'll modify some too ...just so we can share in the receiving and the giving to be enjoyed. ...So to all bloggie friends visiting please take them for yourselves and pass them on to your friends.

The rules -  remember to acknowledge the bloggers(do a link) where they came from, nominate 5 recipients (let them know about it) and tell us any 5 things about yourself.

There have been a few awards going round lately so I am not just going to select a few. There are many of you who pass through, it doesn't matter if you comment or not but I believe many read what I put down. For your participation alone, it's sufficient reason for me to pass these awards on and share them with any of you who would like to pick them up. There is a joy in receiving and there is a joy in giving or passing them on. I hope you experience that feeling too.

5 things about me .....
- I have to stop and smell a rose when I come across one;
- I love the smell of smashed raw garlic;
- I remember my 'glory days' fondly - I used to play badminton for school(my primary school days) and netball for school thereafter all the way to college..(that means I used to have sports in my blood..)
- I love cooking but not the washing up..
- I am afraid to get another pet dog, because I don't think I could go through loosing another one again.

Have fun sharing the awards..

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations and you deserve them both. That was an interesting list of 5 things about you. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/12/09

    congrats thanks for being my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to have you in my circle of friends!
    Blessings and hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always welcome BM. I love to read your blogs because they cover up so many topics relating to my life also. You have been a wonderful blog friend..
    Love and hugs
    Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and GOD bless. I will try to get it posted, soon.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reading...
    I'm sorry for your dog.
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7/12/09

    Thank you so much for the award, I didn't realized I was suppose. to take one lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Congratulations on your awards! Thank you for sharing the Lemonade award with me. I enjoyed reading your 5 things list. I am not fond of kitchen cleanups either. Thanks too for your comment on my blog about my tribute to my husband,
    I have not told him yet and don't think he has seen it, I plan to show it to him on Christmas and hope that he will like it. I figure I can kill two birds with one stone that way because if you recall from my post which proceeded the tribute, I mentioned how he only likes heartfelt gifts these days, as opposed to store bought ones. So... Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for passing two awards to me..I really appreciate your kindness.I love coming over here to read your interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...