Dec 17, 2009

Crowds - not my scene

Yesterday I went down to Orchard Road (THE Shopping Hub) to do some present shopping. I usually avoid the place, if I can help it.

The bright lights and horrific crowds are always never my scene.
When I got there,  I just couldn’t wait to get out fast enough. 
People everywhere, milling on the sidewalks, taking pictures next to Santa and the figurines along the well decorated sidewalk. 

I don't know why but I felt lonely, all of a sudden.
 
Have you ever felt that sometimes and in certain activities you want to be alone and there are other times or places where you would rather be with family and not alone.
Is it the place or is it the moment ?

5 comments:

  1. Could be both.. Feeling alone in a crowd is not a very surprising. It happens to people most of the time. Hope you are feeling better today BM... Thanks for your comments ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/12/09

    I love it , always have loved crowds. Maybe cos I grew up in it, my mom was a shopaholic. But I can get lonely even when I am with family. That's when my mobile comes in handy, I call someone.
    Merry Christmas.
    -Sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sad, I hope that you will not be lonely this season and hope you have someone or a few someones for companionship and comfort always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parties and crowds doesn't do for me. I still feel lonely even in their midst. Why? But I don't feel that way when I am with loved ones and close friends. Our conversations are personal and not superficial. It makes a difference to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is the moment and not the place. It happens to me very often.
    I am surrounded with people whom i know and i feel lonely. I think these people don't warm my heart.It' hard to find the right kind of people.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...