Nov 20, 2009

Strength Wanes

The tide has turned
where love was once.
No more.
This, my response.
To the thunderstorm that bellows,
only breath flows.
Loud curses abound
to soft prayers resound.
Wicked eyes glare,
courage returns its’ stare.
Conspiracy, paranoia
rears its’ head,
but only innocence is abed.
Blind harassment,
meets silent resentment.
Vile verbal onslaught
is but empty, am not distraught.
Violent engagement to seek,
meets meekness yet not weak.
Evil is his game,
in God’s spirit I keep aim
Strength wanes.
Fear invades like a crease,
turmoil in the surround.
Still, follow the gentle breeze,
justice will soon crown.

(HA -Nov 2009)

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. God's presence is felt throughout the storms,conspiracies and paranoias of life. Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you dear one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/11/09

    Praying for your strength..
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree with JBR - beautifully written. Hey and thanks for the reward...Stay strong ok. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be safe, be strong. Praying for you everyday.
    God bless you and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent poem and thoughts from you today BM. It made me sit here though I have work to catch up and read your previous few blogs. You are a strong woman and it would have been wonderful if you had to not hold back from venting... (I know the kids read this lol). Your journey from fear to strength is just amazingly wonderful.... Wish I had more time to catch up with all your posts today...
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous22/11/09

    Hang in there, give it up to him who has the power.
    GHM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep strong. I hope your words give as much strength and comfort to you as they do to those who read them.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...