Mar 9, 2010

Stand Tall


A symbol for my journey
I perceived, the sunflower
that would be the Me.
Reaching out toward the light,
standing tall, unafraid in plain sight.
But being still, I cannot always be
and so upon a butterfly did I settle
for my tracks and ramble.

I travel where I yearn to go,
leaving trails across pages
about yesterday and of tomorrow,
filling today with words and images.
Remember. Stand tall and bright
like the charming Sunflower,
be spirited like God's butterfly,
to and fro alight and ponder.

(HA - 2010)


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful....
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this, BM. It really hooked me!
    Blessings!
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this poem.

    Have always adored sunflowers; they just feel so strong and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope you will not get sun burns.. LOL.. Sorry for that quip. I sometimes cannot stop myself. It is a wonderful poem BM. May you always stand tall and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed a lovely piece. Bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really beautiful. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, this is great. Thank you Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...