Feb 7, 2010

Sunday Solitude - Advice on how to Live life.

I finally found some time to sit and read this night.  Once more,  some of the peace and calm I had lost,  returns.

A good piece of advice for me, I found in the passages(St Paul's) I have just read, I who am not able to let go of the past; and a reminder to live without worry.
Tomorrow is a new day, the beginning of a new week, there will be new opportunities for new graces.


" I can only say that forgetting all that lies behind me and straining forward to what lies in front, I am racing towards the finishing-point to win the prize of God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.. So this is the way in which all of us who are mature should be thinking, and if you are still thinking differently in any way, then God has yet to make this matter clear to you. Meanwhile, let us go forward from the point we have each attained"  Phil 3: 13-16.

Among the last words in these letters Paul says
" Always be joyful, then , in the Lord:.. Let your good sense be obvious to everybody. .. Never worry about anything; but tell God all your desires of every kind in prayer and petition shot through with gratitude, and the peace of God which is beyond our understanding will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus."
Phil 4: 4-7

6 comments:

  1. Phil 4: 4 is one of my favourite verse: Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice.

    I am glad that you found the solitude and time and of course a lovely passage to dwell upon.

    Joy always dear BM. What is your name? I really appreciate you visiting my blog and spending time to write comments. Many thanks.

    Hugs and peace,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racing with you toward the finish line,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you dear one. Thank you for the post BM! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved this post!!I'm holding your hand till the end.
    Blessings!
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Religious teachings are so peaceful if you choose to see them right... but most of them do not have your vision BM. You are a lucky peaceful person

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the peace and solitude you found on Sunday is still with you.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...