Feb 26, 2010

Breathing easier again- it's the Weekend.

I survived the week, and now it's back to getting other things back on track.
The 'traumatic' book review got squared away (Alleluia!!) with mummy as transcription typist and editor.
I will say this for my son, he has an amazingly good head for remembering facts and stories and information from anything he reads or sees. He had forced himself to read it, and pushed on because of the deadline (painful actually) and actually completed the book - Kidnapped by R L Stevenson. This version is not an easy book for a kid to read(especially one who is not into reading).  One, because it was the adult version and two the language was really classic with scottish slang included. It was an older print. 
He managed to write the synopsis/review himself and while I was clarifying his sentences, he was able to recall the story quite well.. I made a big deal out of it but he wasn't convinced it was that amazing a feat. He's a tough customer, what can I say.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this very prettily designed award a 'short' time ago from dear Alice always from Wonder land. Alice writes very heart warming poetry among other fascinating topics.  Thank you Alice.
And so it is my lovely task to pass it on to 7 bloggers and list 7 things (stories, thoughts, favourite, peeves etc anything) about yourself.

1) I love staring at the Full Moon especially when its really huge and seems so much closer to us.

2)  When I was young, I always licked the cake bowl clean (of course that was after the mix went into the oven). That was 'yummier' than baked cake.

3) I have this strange neurosis that involves dog-ears on books - I go berserk when I see the poor books being ill-treated.

4) I was once an 'irritating specimen' along with 41 other such specimens. In the last year of secondary school, the teacher in charge of our class always made us do gardening. And we of course like all teenagers always felt that we could be doing more interesting things with our time than THAT.. and so we dawdled and dilly dallied and very little weeds got pulled out. And that's how we earned that name, she would constantly mutter it under her breathe a few times while we walked back to class.

5) I love mushrooms - the eating kind especially button mushrooms.

6) Sometimes in my darkest, deepest moments of frustration,  I wonder if I collected the right babies from the hospital, none of them are like me !

7) I am the TYPING POOL for my children. How is it they are able to spot a new PC game, figure out how to play it instantly and yet have a problem figuring out Powerpoint and Excel. (Preposterous !).

And now to pass this on to 7 other bloggers:
  1. Lily 'in her journey to find peace  -  Locating My Life
  2. A young poet I recently discovered - Wanderer A Journey called.....
  3. Tracy whos seeks  to understand scripture...  http://abundantliving-tracy.blogspot.com/
  4. Andrea,  always offering  hope with her scriptures and prayers http://arise2write.blogspot.com/
  5. Stephanie http://stephaniebaffone.blogspot.com/, ....a cheerful writer.
  6. Amy my favourite drama mama....at http://mamaswithdrama.blogspot.com/
  7. J B R - a very strong individual in the face of inner struggles http://justbereal77.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, sweetie. I don't know when I will get around to posting it...I am a bit behind on that kind of thing. Hope you will forgive me.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your son and congrats on your award (also thank you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the award thank you. And congratulations on you receiving it as well. Blessings to you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I share your view on mistreating a book... Congratulations on the award...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten about giving you an award!
    Hey, I think that we were separated at birth! I love mushrooms, I hate the way that some people turn over pages on books or break the spines, and I love the moon!
    I bet your birth sign is Cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We could be but, Alice, it's Leo... and thank you for passing me this award, yes I know I took my time...better later than never.
    It gives me the opportunity to dig further into my true personality...

    Thank you Andrea, JBR and Tracy for accepting.....

    BM

    ReplyDelete
  7. BM-
    You are such a doll! Thank you for the award. :-) I really appreciate you thinking of me. I loved learning more about you in your seven posts.
    Your stories about your kids are always entertaining.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well I am flattered...

    do visit: http://www.poemhunter.com/shreya-chatterjee/

    and if you feel so, do download my ebook of poems.

    regards,
    wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  9. would you please guide me to be able to pass this award and all how to make it a part of my blog...I really dont know how to do it.

    regards,
    wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wanderer, all you need to do is click on the award image, copy the url address. Then in your post, click on the picture link and paste the address in the web address box.


    BM

    ReplyDelete
  11. books are my friends....I owe to thee!

    regards,
    wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats....and all those you mentioned are favorite sites of mine...amazing people. your list is great. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...