Oct 2, 2009

Life's like That


Over the past weeks, I have been attempting to watch (observe) things as they unfold as opposed to letting things whiz by. I do see that the world is not actually roaring past us, I see it unrolling. You see more, hear more of life around you . And interestingly ‘time’ itself feels like it moves differently, somehow slower, although in actual when I look at my watch it has moved faster. I have been ‘observing’ the interaction of the kids and I keep learning new things (eventhough they have me climbing the walls sometimes).

Just when I think I’m getting the hang of it, ‘madness’ unfortunately (that all-consuming necessity that most of us are occupied with from 9-6 everyday) intervenes, puts me back on that fast track. In the industry I’m in, it’s impossible to have a controlled consistent workflow. When clients jump, we jump too and when they’re totally disorganized we have to clear the path , fight through the chaos to meet deadlines.
It’s easy to think I should or can control that but some motions are just easier to be carried away with, so that the job can be expedited, it’s a necessity.

And then I return to the life outside of that, that matters and try to catch the old rhythm again. I guess I have to wait for work to return to normal again.
That’s just the way life is.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/10/09

    life's a shmuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how time really does seem to fly by and if we don't take the time to smell the roses they are gone before we know it! I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog about 2012. There have been several scary events in nature recently. I have several VERY religiously knowledgeable friends who are of course convinced that we are IN the Endtimes now and these natural catastrophies are just all part of what the Bible says will occur. But either way whether or not this world is nearing its end you were right that we should all hug our children and love them every minute we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems we do not have enough time in a day. Life zooms by so quickly, so little time to appreciate all the little things. My favorite little thing is my evening walks with my boy. Our special time together, and our special time with GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/10/09

    Thank you for all the prayer and encouragement's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life sometimes goes on unnoticed and it becomes so overwhelming to see it unfold at times...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...