Aug 16, 2009

Don't mind my age, it's the new 30 I'm told !!

Yesterday was my special day. (I'm acknowledging it, I'm wiser)
My middle child woke me up with a wide smile to wish me. He wanted to be the first.
That made my day. Started well, ended well with the family

Birthdays can be fun if you don’t think about the age 'bit'. I had an earlier celebration with a few friends to cover two of us who were celebrating. This year a friend suggested a rather unique idea to spend time together. We usually meet for dinner after work but instead of just dinner, we spent a half day together at one of their homes, learning to bake cake (most of us were just waiting to eat it) and going through our favourite craft- card crafts and rubber stamps(we get to mess up someone elses' study [kidding.. hope she's not reading this].
It was relaxing and wonderful because it was a time we spent being ourselves. We didn’t speak of work just the things we enjoyed and happily stuffed ourselves (diet tomorrow).

Don't know who said this but I like it.. 'Age is a matter of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter'.

Happy Birthday to all you mothers who have birthdays in August.


http://groups.google.com/group/mothers-always

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Its nice to have good friends to share with your birthday with.

    And yes, it is indeed "mind over matter"... I am only 25. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!
    Thank you for your insightful comments on my blog about discipline. And you are right. I guess I'm doing alright...my oldest child awoke this morning...after "the day from hell"
    and said "Good Morning Mom, You're the best Mom ever!" So maybe I got through to her on some level yesterday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hihi, Happy Belated Birthday! :)
    My birthday also in August! hehe..
    True and agree about "If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" ;)

    Moon Loh
    Mompreneur Asia

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday will be in october... Belated wishes to you. By the way Mark Twain said 'age is mind over matter' .. I love to read his books and also his quotes. I am very much inspired by Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...