Jul 14, 2009

Middle Child ?

To whoever came up with middle child syndrome, why could you not give us the cure too?

Why is the middle child so different? It's not the nurture part so it's got to be the nature part. The oldest and youngest overshadow him vocally and he suppresses his expressions all the more. The more I try to bring him out, the more he resists. I have to try to catch him on his own time when that window opens. Oh but ... the time?

The youngest engages him often but it's for more overt things like gaming instructions and who's who in Pokemon land.

And when that window opens, it is for a very short while, when he is ready it's hard for him to get the words out. Why?
Use helping words, examples ... how to see what's in his head?

1 comment:

  1. From what i have read it has to do with nurture. not that you did anything wrong. All middle child are ignored to a certain extent. The first would have had all the love and attention. Then the second came along, and you knew you had the older to be help in baby sitting. Along came the third child, and you couldn't possibly let the the older child watch over both. Thus you paid a little more attention on the third. And usually being the youngest a little more pampered, then even the older child. My ex had this same problem. His 2nd brother was ignored, whilst he was pampered. The older one was more matured.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...