Apr 30, 2012

Learning on the go and house hunting.

It's been tiring both physically and mentally. I'm taking myself through a crash course to understand what it would entail financially and in terms of loan timing to get moving on a place I see and like.
 I have spoken to different realtors and getting clarification from the bank where I can to see I may move forward as there are still some complications involving the local housing policy.

I started looking and then wondered how I was going to decide. But somehow along the way, my preferences became clearer and I knew almost right away what I didn't want.  The environment was important, I don't want to be hemmed in on all sides, I wanted a facing that was at least breezy and clear, rather than have someone else's living room window looking into mine. Traffic noise vs the quiet, the distance to the nearest bus stop, how convenient for the kids to to get to school and so on.  Then I'm balancing the need for renovations and then time to do that.  I'm thinking of interior decor and deign ideas while I'm surveying and doing the math.

I listed, I prioritize,  and then I came upon one in particular apartment that met many of the criteria BUT was that the one?  Or was it the one with traffic noise? 
My heart wanted it before my head did the checks. So is this my sign?  I'm giving myself a little more time, to see if God willing that be the one.

I've begun to clean out the present home, slowly getting the kids to filter through their stuff and clearing out what is not likely to be taken with us on the move.

It's been a busy few weeks, tomorrow is a public holiday , "Labour  day' I intend to rest my weary self.



8 comments:

  1. BM rest u must whenever you can.
    Just a year back i moved too and i know the grill and the grind.i am also aware of the pain of leaving behind some when space is a major constraint. i just wish and hope that you finally move and settle down without much anguish.
    i remember my Dad telling me this about the signs. He said the place will send some vibrations and you will know. Although i really can't be sure about these vibrations. i remember crying my heart out the first day i stepped into this flat. It looked so small compared to my last and i was agitated as to how i am going to accommodate my stuff. Today it's a different story all together. i feel happy in my cozy flat and because the area is small cleaning up hardly takes much time.
    Now i remember my Dad's words and wonder why i couldn't sense any positive vibrations. Maybe i had already judged even without giving the place any chance and was focusing only on the 1200 square foot ignoring everything else.
    i am glad that u have prioritized and know perfectly well what u don't want. Even then i would want to suggest that don't be too rigid. Stand in the room, move around and see if u feel something positive. If u do then don't hesitate even if it does not satisfy all the criteria.
    Wish u a restful Labour Day and the best decision in choosing your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shivani, .. this is the third time I think when I have read something of yours and thought 'here is someone quite like me in the way that my mind works' and sometimes I think overwork (lol)... You are right it is about the vibes and what our own instincts are saying to us. Sometimes it is hard to be aware of them.

      Thank you so much for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Finding the right place is always a job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wanda, in spite of your own pain, you take time to pen a note that always helps when I read.
      May God send you his peace.

      Delete
  3. good luck with your new home. sometimes when my heart "speaks" i just know that any decision i make is right. if so then do not hesitate even if it does not satisfy all the criteria. that's my humble opinion.


    big hugs!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty thanks, I enjoyed the flowers on your post very much.

      Delete
  4. All the best BM. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a note, thank you for stopping by, happy to have input and just know you hear me or even just to say hello.
Spam and junk will be removed.

Featured Post

You can't miss it if you didn't have it to begin with.

When I was growing up, hand-me-downs were common. And I don't mean from an older sister or cousin. I mean literally second hand clothes ...